Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ed's Silver Streamer

Many of my customers have asked me during our visits about my free time. Well, there just doesn't seem to be much of it. So... in 1995 I decided if I wanted to get in some recreation, fishing that is, I would have to get someone close to me to do it for me. Out of the world of imagination came "Ed." Ed and I talked about all the things we would do as I made his nose, formed his ears, and fit his glasses. Ed said to me, "Have me hookin' up a streamer." At our age, tying the ol' leader to a fly gets a little tedious. I told Ed that a bronze fly wouldn't look too good. "Make it silver, I'd like that," he said. So I did and .. "Ed's Silver Streamer" was born I'm very pleased that Ed's Silver Streamer was judged "Best Sculpture" at the 1996 C.M. Russell Auction and Art Show, the oldest western art show in America - Ed's been patient with me and he deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment